Wind River® Content Inspection Engine is a high-speed embedded software pattern-matching solution that can match large groups of regular expressions against blocks or streams of data. Designed for both single-core and multi-core processors, Content Inspection Engine is a scalable, cost-effective deep packet inspection (DPI) approach that runs entirely in software. It is ideal for applications that need to scan large amounts of data at line rate, such as intrusion prevention, antivirus, unified threat management, and other DPI systems.
- High performance, low latency software pattern matching
- Optimized run-time and compiler for efficient pattern matching
- Streaming API and block scanning functions for cross-packet inspection
- Scalable hardware resource capability, allowing operation on multiple cores simultaneously
- Single library with a rich C API for ease of integration into existing applications
- Industry-standard Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE) syntax
- Broad hardware and operating system support
- Increase security and deep packet inspection capabilities in network products.
- Achieve line-rate performance through software optimizations with multi-core hardware.
- Lower costs and reduce capital expenditures by utilizing a software solution rather than adding offload hardware.
- Scale one implementation across the entire network element product family regardless of operating system or underlying hardware platform.
Content Inspection Engine is a key component of Wind River Intelligent Network Platform. It is also available as a standalone component that can run on a variety of operating system and hardware options.
- x86 (32- and 64-bit processors from Intel® and AMD)
- MIPS (Cavium OCTEON, NetLogic XLR/XLP)
- Wind River Linux
- Windows Mac OS X