OS Abstractor (Mapusoft Technologies)
With OS Abstractor you can develop code that will run on VxWorks and Linux.
OS Abstractor enables you to run the same application on VxWorks and Linux.
MapuSoft Technologies is the leading provider of embedded software solutions and services designed to protect software investment by increasing the customers' level of software re-use in product development. We are working hard to provide software that is practical, familiar, and economical. We provide full source code with no royalty fees.
With OS Abstractor you can share your application code across VxWorks and Linux.
OS Abstractor provides effective abstraction without loss of performance by:
- Maximizing compile-time translations
- Providing the option to disable error checking and debug data collection
- Disabling the scheduler only during creation and deletion of resources
- Enabling scalability of products, components and individual features
- Eliminating message copying between the application and OS Abstractor API for all queues and pipes
OS Abstractor also provides effective abstraction without losing key OS features available on the target OS. With OS Abstractor you can share application code effectively across single memory based operating systems, such as VxWorks 5.x, and virtual memory based operating systems, such as VxWorks 6.x.
OS Abstractor is built to be independent of the target hardware and development tools and will support all the target hardware and toolset solutions supported by Wind River.
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.