CES BP-Net (Creative Electronic Systems S.A.)
CES Multiprocessing Extension Package for PCI/VME/CompactPCI
- High-speed interprocessor synchronization and message passing
- Implemented on top of PCI, VME, CompactPCI, PVIC
- Communication via TCP/IP
- Very high performance, thanks to hardware DMAs
The CES BP-Net software package provides both total comfort and ultimate performance for process synchronization, task sharing/distribution, message passing, and data transfers.
CES BP-Net is:
* Symbolic: it is independent from the physical layer. It connects processors transparently over VME, CompactPCI, PCI, and PVIC (PCI-to-PCI).
* True network oriented: a full TCP/IP stack is available on BP-Net for all network-related procedures (NFS, FTP, Telnet, rlogin).
* Easy to use: it scales up automatically with the number of processors and their topology (no need for recompilation).
* Ultra fast: the channel low-level protocol provides communication at over 200MB/sec. over PCI 64-bit and interthread synchronization within 5s.
* Ultra safe: automatic handling of all synchronization problems and VME, CompactPCI, or PCI-to-PCI error conditions.
* Totally optimized for speed: it uses all of the hard real-time hardware of CES's real-time computing core (DMAs, FIFOs, mailboxes).
* Total connectivity: BP-Net capability is also ported to non-hard real-time processors and operating systems.
CES BP-Net comes with individual CES BSPs for VME, CompactPCI, and PMC computing engines.
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.