ALAMEDA, Calif. — Mar. 21, 2012 — Wind River, a world leader in embedded and mobile software, is a platinum sponsor of the Android Summit at DESIGN West 2012 and will drive Android awareness and education through a series of activities to address the topic of growing Android in the embedded device market. Additionally, Wind River will lead a variety of technical sessions and demonstrations tackling other key industry trends such as machine-to-machine (M2M), security and full system simulation during the DESIGN West 2012 summits taking place March 26-29 in San Jose, California.
“With its flexibility, rapid rate of innovation and fast growing ecosystem, Android has opened up significant possibilities for the embedded industry,” said Jim Douglas, senior vice president of marketing at Wind River. “Wind River is committed to contributing to the advancement of the embedded community by helping developers maximize their potential via the latest technologies and key industry movements such as Android, M2M and security."
- Optimizing Application Performance with Android Native Development Kit (March 27 at 11:30 a.m. in Room B1/B2): Presented by Mike Anderson, chief scientist of the PTR Group, the session will show how using the Android Native Development Kit to run code "closer to the metal" on an Android platform will allow developers to speed and extract maximum performance from the platform.
- Could the Stuxnet Worm Have Been Prevented with Better Testing Practices? (March 27 at 4:30 p.m. in Salon 2): Presented by Ido Sarig, vice president of product marketing for device test, this session investigates how testing for security flaws differs from conventional testing, review the challenges inherent in testing embedded software and discuss proactive testing approaches such as adopting the perspective of hackers to combat security vulnerabilities.
- Android for Auto: Customized Android software for automotive in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
- Security Enhanced Android: Demonstration of a security-enabled Android platform and virtualized environments running Android and multiple operating systems.
- M2M: Demonstration of M2M Smart Services Embedded Developer Kits.
- Intelligent, Connected mHealth Devices: Personalized, interoperable and compliant health management solutions that communicate seamlessly across the health-care ecosystem.
- Full System Simulation: Wind River Simics demonstration highlighting simulation of complex, networked systems and debugging at the system level.
- Testing for Security: Wind River Test Management demonstrations featuring simulated hacker attacks and flagging of suspicious, untested code.
Wind River is exhibiting at booth #1623 at DESIGN West 2012. For additional details about Wind River’s activities at the event, visit http://www.windriver.com/announces/design-west-2012/.
About Wind River
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981, and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products. Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, Calif., with offices in 20 countries. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com or on Facebook.
Wind River is a trademark or registered trademark of Wind River Systems Inc. and its affiliates. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Communications