Wind River Unveils Wind River Compiler 5.2.1
- Enables engineers to develop compact code faster and more efficiently
- Cross platform development with Linux and VxWorks
ALAMEDA, Calif.--April 27, 2004--Wind River Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIND), the global leader in device software optimization (DSO), today announced the general availability of Wind River Compiler 5.2.1. The Wind River Compiler, formerly known as the Diab compiler, builds on and extends the Diab technology. With significant, new optimization capabilities, the Wind River Compiler will allow developers to create compact code faster and more efficiently -- enabling them to fit complex device software applications into their products using fewer microprocessor and memory resources. The Compiler is available for all Wind River Platforms and the Wind River Workbench.
"Developers continue to rely on Wind River's Diab Compiler to get the most out of their code and maximize their silicon investments. Because Wind River has extended its existing Diab technology into the next generation Wind River Compiler, device software developers can benefit from new optimization capabilities that continue to adhere to software industry standards," said Jerry Krasner, Ph.D., vice president of Embedded Market Forecasters (www.embeddedforecast.com).
With the Wind River Compiler companies can:
- Create exceptionally fast, tight code for device software with cross module inlining
- Fine-tune the Wind River Compiler's output to meet the needs of demanding device software applications
- Maximize performance from their silicon investment with the Wind River Compiler's modular architecture
- Reduce development time, risk and cost with the Wind River Compiler's adherence to software industry standards
New Technology features include:
- Seamless integration with Wind River Platforms and Wind River Workbench
- Expanded target architectures (Pentium; PowerPC 970, Power PC 85xx, 8280, MGT5200; ColdFire 5282, 547x, 548x)
- New cross module optimization technology
- Increased GNU compatibility
- All new documentation
- HW floating support for 54xx
- Abridged STL
"As the leading provider of Platforms that enable DSO, we will continue to deliver products that allow our customers to develop device software faster, better, at a lower cost and more reliably," said Dave Fraser, chief marketing officer at Wind River. "With this latest version of the Wind River Compiler, we enable developers in a wide variety of markets to create exceptionally fast code for their device software applications while offering proven reliability, flexibility and interoperability with other development tools."
The Wind Power Compiler is available now. To learn more about the Wind River Compiler visit www.windriver.com/products/development_tools/compilers/wind_river_compiler.
About Wind River
Wind River is the market leader in device software optimization. Wind River enables companies to develop and run software faster, better, at a lower cost and more reliably. Wind River Platforms tightly integrate a rich set of market-leading operating systems, development tools and middleware with services to provide a complete foundation that meets the specific requirements of a vertical market. Wind River's products and professional services are used in multiple markets including aerospace and defense, automotive, digital consumer, industrial, and network infrastructure. Companies from around the world turn to Wind River to create the most reliable products and to accelerate their time to market.
Founded in 1981, Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, California, with operations worldwide. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com or call Wind River at 1-800-872-4977.
Wind River Systems and the Wind River Systems logo are trademarks of Wind River Systems, Inc., and VxWorks is a registered trademark of Wind River Systems, Inc. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. Third party marks and brands are the property of their respective holders.
Director, Global Communications