The Wind River® SBC8548E evaluation board ("the SBC8548") is a 6U board that allows you to begin development on your project before your own custom design is available. This board offers a solid platform for both hardware and software engineers to use in evaluating and prototyping designs that closely parallel their final applications. The SBC8548 also gives software engineers a live target on which to begin developing and testing application code.
The SBC8548 comes complete with detailed schematics, a bill of materials, a VxWorks® 6 or Linux board support package, user documentation, and a power supply to provide you with a turnkey basis for your own custom design.
The standard configuration for the SBC8548 comes with 256MB of DDR2 SDRAM mounted on a SODIMM, 8MB on-board flash memory, 64MB of flash on SODIMM, and 128MB of SDRAM connected to the local bus.
Also standard are (2) three-wire RS-232 ports, (2) 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet ports, a 64-bit vertical PCI-X slot, a PCI Express x4 connector, and a Serial Rapid I/O (SRIO) x4 connector.
- One of the following Motorola PowerPC CPUs:
- Available memory:
- 256MB DDR2 SDRAM SODIMM
- 8MB on-board flash
- 64MB flash SODIMM
- 8KB EEPROM
- 128MB local bus SDRAM DIMM
- Support for the following peripherals:
- PCI-X controller—3.3v 64-bit PCI bus
- Memory controller
- Interrupt controller and timers
- (2) 10/100/1000 BaseT enhanced three-speed Ethernet controllers (eTSECs) using RJ-45 connectors
- (2) RS-232 interfaces using Mini DB9 connectors
- PCI Express
- Serial Rapid I/O
- Hard reset via a momentary switch
- Seven-segment display on CPU GPIO
- User switches on CPU GPIO
- 16-pin and 52-pin JTAG debug connections
- Experienced 24/7 technical support
- Free detailed schematics
- Accelerated early development
- Emulators for turnkey development
- Tools integration
- Board support packages