Cockpit is a Linux-based, GENIVI®-aligned platform environment for in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), telematics, and digital clusters. Building products using Cockpit reduces overall development costs, minimizes project risks, and shortens project timelines.
Flexible and Extensible Platform
- Commercially supported Wind River Linux base, providing extensibility over time to support evolving IoT offerings and protocols
- Pre-integrated middleware components for IVI, telematics, and digital cluster systems
- Freedom of choice for underlying hardware or UI tool for application development
- Support for nearly any customer-directed application and user interface
Integrated Connectivity Solutions
- Integrated protocols for enabling communication between critical and non-critical vehicle systems
- Pre-integrated components such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, DLNA, Media playback, and phone projection
- Enhanced connectivity for inside and outside the vehicle
- Pre-integrated with Wind River Helix CarSync for end-to-end over-the-air (OTA) update capabilities for software and firmware
Secure Embedded and Cloud Development Environment
- Cloud-based toolchain enabling embedded device development on multiple sites worldwide
- Security enablement for embedded and cloud environments
- Comprehensive build systems and development tools
Learn more about how Cockpit can help speed your development while ensuring highly secure and rigorously safe components and systems for the next generation of intelligent, connected vehicles.