Wind River® Intelligent Device Platform is a complete software development environment for jump-starting machine-to-machine (M2M) device development. Based on Wind River Linux—a fully tested, standards-compliant, supported commercial embedded Linux platform with the Wind River Workbench development environment and extended open source tooling—Intelligent Device Platform includes ready-to-use components built exclusively for M2M applications. This platform provides software and expertise to fuel rapid innovation and deployment of safe, secure, and reliable intelligent devices.
Connectivity, manageability, and security are essential to reducing device manufacturers' time-to-market, complexity, and risk. Wind River Intelligent Device Platform delivers on all three:
- Pre-integrated smart and connected capabilities enable rich network options to save development time and costs.
- Validated and flexible firmware provides an extensive network of connectivity choices, including broad modem support and PAN, LAN, and WAN network access.
- Platform customization significantly reduces development time while increasing the product's life span and uptime.
- An included intuitive web-based tool for provisioning and managing devices at any time reduces configuration and support costs.
- Security features designed for M2M development protect critical data throughout the device life cycle.
- Customizable secure remote management ensures the integrity of the end devices via secure boot, provides encrypted communication between device and management console in the cloud, and offers device resource management to limit system exposure of untrusted applications.
Throughout the energy value chain, smart energy technology provides centralized monitoring of millions of devices to track peak usage patterns and energy disruptions, improving efficiency, reliability, and quality across the network. For example, Wind River Intelligent Device Platform software can provide intelligence to smart meters so that real-time voltage monitoring and control is possible using existing telecom service providers' infrastructure.
Through emerging applications such as patient monitoring and in-home patient care for seniors and patients with chronic conditions, mobile health technology can enable physicians and family members to cost-effectively improve care, respond to emergencies, and more accurately monitor and treat illnesses.
From railways to personal automobiles, intelligent systems technology is enhancing traditional ways to monitor cargo, increase fuel efficiency, route around traffic or construction, and improve safety. Digi International is using Intelligent Device Platform to build a new family of cloud-connected wireless M2M solutions, including a fleet management system.
Building and Home Management
Management and automation for smart buildings are being enhanced by intelligent systems technology in multiple areas such as security, energy efficiency, predictive maintenance, and asset management. Wind River customer Sumitomo is using Intelligent Device Platform to deliver a smart-home automation gateway for leading global telecom service providers.
Wind River Intelligent Device Platform now supports Intel® Atom™, with the following peripherals enabled in the chipset:
Exegin's native ZigBee stack is a complete robust implementation that provides flexibility to integrate with various radio options and meet all ZigBee 802.15.4 specifications. Learn more.
OMA DM and TR-069
OMA DM is a device management protocol specified by Open Mobile Alliance. TR-069 is a specification for remote management of deployed devices that are typically used in wired customer premises equipment (CPE)*. The TR-069 agent included in Wind River Intelligent Device Platform is OneAgent from Works Systems. This agent runs on a deployed device and provides a management channel for a centralized management console. Learn more.
OSGi-based Home Automation Software Development Kit
Intelligent Device Platform includes a software development kit (SDK) that can be used to develop OSGi-based home automation software components. It is implemented with the ProSyst mBS Smart Home SDK, which provides interfaces for UPnP, Z-Wave, and ZigBee. Learn more.